Friday, April 3, 2009

Late For Dinner

When you arrive late for dinner, you may miss out. The good stuff could be gone and you’re left with only soggy green beans and red Jello.

Being a relatively latecomer to social media such as LinkedIn, I thought I’d be missing out.

Through the past several weeks, however, I’ve learned that it doesn’t matter when you arrive… just so you do arrive. There are no dates to indicate when you joined and no counter to track how long you’ve been a member. Everyone at all times is on an equal playing field.

Of course, some people use social media better than others. But that really has nothing to do with how long you’ve been using it. Some have more contacts than others. That, too, I'm finding, is irrelevant in making it work for you.

And, as in the case of many departments of our lives, practice makes perfect. So, once a skeptic, I am now a believer!

No comments: